Texas School Safety Conference
“Elected leaders, community members, students, teachers, parents and everyday Texans all share the common goal of making schools a safe place for our children.”
- Governor Greg Abbott
The Texas School Safety Center is proud to host the 2nd Annual Texas School Safety Conference, which will provide a unique and exceptional platform for educators, administrators, school-based law enforcement, and school safety professionals to collaborate and work together towards creating and fostering a safe and secure learning environment.
Themed “School Safety: A Shared Responsibility,” this conference will feature nationally renowned speakers and informative breakout sessions that offer evidence-based practices, resources, and information on a comprehensive approach to school safety. In addition to a robust lineup of quality speakers, the conference schedule will provide networking opportunities that foster information sharing with colleagues across all disciplines involved in keeping our schools safe. The conference will encourage an open dialogue to enable individuals to learn from each other and gain valuable knowledge and skills.
The Texas School Safety Center shares the goal of the Office of the Governor and the Texas Education Agency of ensuring that schools have in place “immediate and long-term plans aimed at prevention and protection.” Achieving this goal is a shared responsibility that requires collaboration among all stakeholders.
We invite you to join us in this endeavor, as we build on lessons learned and continue preparing our schools for a safe and secure future.
The TxSSC will also be offering TCOLE and/or CPE credit hours.
Important Dates to Remember
- 5/17/2019 Last Day of Early Conference Registration Special Rate of $325
- 5/18/2019 Conference Registration Rate is $375
- 5/22/2019 Last Day to Make Hotel Reservations at Special Rate, if Rooms are Available (Rooms are Limited)
- 6/7/2019 Last Day to Cancel Conference Registration for Full Refund
- 6/8/2019 $50 Processing Fee will be Applied for Cancellations Requested Between June 8-15
- 6/16/2019 No Refunds for Cancellations Made After June 16th