With increased news reports about the growing number of cases nationally of COVID-19 we are wanting to communicate regarding this upcoming event scheduled for this summer. Our current plan is to host the event; however, this is a rapidly changing situation. Should a cancellation of this event occur, we will notify participants and event guests immediately via e-mail and by posting here on this event site.
Texas School Safety Conference
The Texas School Safety Center is proud to host the 3rd Annual Texas School Safety Conference at the Embassy Suites Hotel and Conference Center. The conference will provide a unique and exceptional platform for educators, administrators, school-based law enforcement, and school safety professionals to collaborate and work together towards creating and fostering a safe and secure learning environment.
Themed “Expanding Your School Safety Net”, this conference will feature nationally renowned speakers and informative breakout sessions that offer evidence-based practices, resources, and information on a comprehensive approach to school safety. In addition to a robust lineup of quality speakers, the conference schedule will provide networking opportunities that foster information sharing with colleagues across all disciplines involved in keeping our schools safe. The conference will encourage an open dialogue to enable individuals to learn from each other and gain valuable knowledge and skills.
The Texas School Safety Center shares the goal of the Office of the Governor and the Texas Education Agency of ensuring that schools have in place “immediate and long-term plans aimed at prevention and protection.” Achieving this goal is a shared responsibility that requires collaboration among all stakeholders.
We invite you to join us in this endeavor, as we build on lessons learned and continue preparing our schools for a safe and secure future.
Important Dates to Remember
- 5/29/2020 Last Day of Early Conference Registration Special Rate of $350
- 5/30/2020 Conference Registration Rate is $400
- 5/28/2020 Last Day to Make Hotel Reservations at Special Rate, if Rooms are Available (Rooms are Limited)
- 6/12/2020 Attendee Registration Payment Due
- 6/12/2020 Last Day to Cancel Conference Registration (Full Refund)
- 6/13/2020 $50 Processing Fee will be Applied for Cancellations Requested Between June 13-20
- 6/21/2020 No Refunds for Cancellations Made After 6/20/20