TSS Conf - Presenting
Call for Presenters for 2018 Texas School Safety Conference
**Due by February 6, 2018**
The Texas School Safety Center (TxSSC) is now accepting presenter applications for the 2018 Texas School Safety Conference.
The 2018 Texas School Safety Conference will provide a unique and exceptional platform for educators, administrators, school-based law enforcement, and school safety professionals to collaborate and work together towards creating and fostering a safe and secure learning environment. Content delivered at the Texas School Safety Conference will be customized to speak to everyone working in a school setting with a role in safety and security.
Eligible presentations should be tailored to the unique needs of K-12 school administrators, educators, school-based law enforcement, and other school safety partners, with a specific focus on relevant school safety and security issues and concerns. Sessions should focus on evidence-based practices, resources, and information on a variety of school safety and security issues. Applicants must ensure the information presented applies to a broad school safety audience to include school administrators, educators, AND school-based law enforcement.
Topics may include, but not limited to:
- Emergency Operations Planning
- Current Drug Trends
- Administrators and SBLE Partnerships
- Suicide Prevention
- Texas Law and Chapter 37
- School-Based Policing
- Gang Awareness
- School Safety and Security Challenges
- School Safety and Security Audits
- Human Trafficking
- Bullying Prevention and Internet Safety – David’s Law
- Dating Violence Prevention
- Dealing with Student Discipline
- Sexting Prevention
- Drills and Exercises
- Natural, Manmade, and Technological Hazards Related to Schools
- Collaboration Between Stakeholders to Improve School Safety
Applicants should be aware of the following:
- Submission of an application does not guarantee selection.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. Biographies of all presenters and co-presenters are required at time of application submission (no more than 100 words).
- All biographies, workshop descriptions, and contact information must be submitted online. Co-presenter information must be provided when submitting application.
- Workshops will be 1 hour and 30 minutes in length, unless otherwise stated and approved. Workshops are scheduled to provide content for 1 hour and 15 minutes in length, plus allow for an additional 15 minutes for Q&A session.
Meeting rooms will be equipped with:
- - Laptop
- - Speakers
- - Widescreen LCD Projectgor (HDMI or VGA) & Screen
- - Presenter Remote (w/ laser pointer)
- - Microphones will be provided (depends on room size)
- If you require additional A/V needs, you must e-mail us your special request by February 6, 2018.
- If application is selected, presenters will be notified via e-mail no later than March 7, 2018.
- The TxSSC will waive the lead presenter’s conference registration fee. Lead presenter will be responsible for all travel expenses. Co-presenter(s) will be responsible for own travel/lodging expenses and must pay a reduced conference registration fee of $250.
- If your proposal is selected, the Texas School Safety Center reserves the right to revise presentation titles, presenter bio, reassign the identified topic area, or edit the program summary for program material.
- Should application be selected, applicants will be notified and may be scheduled for a conference call to discuss presentation content, audio visual needs, and specific conference logistics.
- Under no circumstances may a conference session be used as a place for direct promotion of a presenter’s product, service, or monetary self-interest. Sales pitches disguised as presentations will not be considered. Exhibitors/Vendors are not permitted to submit an application to present at conference.
Important Dates to Remember
- 2/6/2018 Last Day to Submit Presenter Application
- 2/6/2018 Last Day to Submit AV Request
- 4/6/2018 Vendor Maintenance Form Due
- 4/13/2018 Presentation/Materials/Handouts are Due (PDF Files)