TSS Conf - Presenting
The Call for Presenters for the 2022 Texas School Safety Conference is closed.
Applicants will be notified of their presenter status by April 8, 2022.
Themed Keeping School Safety a Priority: A Collaborative Approach, the conference will bring together educators, administrators, school-based law enforcement, and emergency managers to collaborate, network, and learn from each other. Nationally and state recognized experts in various fields will share evidence-based approaches to improving school safety. In addition, informative breakout sessions will feature tools and best practices that you can implement in your district or school.
Eligible presentations should be tailored to the unique needs of K-12 and junior college administrators, educators, school-based law enforcement, and other school safety partners. Sessions should focus on evidence-based practices, resources, and information on a variety of school safety and security issues including, but not limited to, response to the challenges schools have faced this past year. Lessons learned from the pandemic are highly encouraged. Applicants must ensure the information presented applies to a broad school safety audience including school administrators, educators, AND school-based law enforcement.
Topics may include, but are not limited to:
- School Behavioral Threat Assessment
- Mental Health Interventions and Programs
- Emergency Operations Planning
- School-Based Law Enforcement and Their Role During the Pandemic
- Standard Response Protocol and Standard Reunification Method
- Mental Health First Aid Training
- Digital Threat Assessment
- Facility Safety Standards During the Pandemic
- Current Drug Trends
- Administrators and SBLE Partnerships
- Suicide Prevention
- School Safety and the Law
- After-action Reviews
- School Safety and Security Audits
- Human Trafficking
- Bullying Prevention and Internet Safety
- Dating Violence Prevention
- Sexting Prevention
- Drills and Exercises During the Pandemic
- Collaboration Between Stakeholders to Improve School Safety
Applicants should be aware of the following:
- Submission of an application does not guarantee selection.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. Biographies of all presenters and co-presenters are required at time of application submission (no more than 100 words).
- All biographies, workshop descriptions, and contact information must be submitted online. Co-presenter(s) information must be provided when submitting application. Additional presenters may not be added to application once submitted. Maximum of 3 presenters per application may be submitted.
- Workshops will be 1 (one) hour in length, unless otherwise stated and approved.
Meeting rooms will be equipped with:
- - Laptop
- - Computer Speakers
- - Widescreen LCD Projector (HDMI) and Screen
- - Presenter Remote
- - Microphone(s) (depending on room size)
- If you require additional A/V needs, you must e-mail us your special request by February 25, 2022.
- If proposal is selected, presenters will be notified via e-mail no later than April 8, 2022.
- If proposal is selected, the TxSSC will waive the lead presenter’s conference registration fee. Lead presenter will be responsible for all travel and lodging expenses. Co-presenter(s) will be responsible for own travel and lodging expenses and must pay a reduced conference registration fee of $250.
- If proposal is selected, workshop materials and PowerPoint presentation are due April 29, 2022.
- If proposal is selected, the Texas School Safety Center reserves the right to revise presentation titles, presenter bio, reassign the identified topic area, or edit the program summary for program material.
- Should proposal be selected, applicants will be notified and may be scheduled for a conference call to discuss presentation content and specific conference logistics.
- Should proposal be selected, business attire shall be worn by presenter(s), unless otherwise agreed between the presenter and the Texas School Safety Center.
- Under no circumstances may a conference session be used as a place for direct promotion of a presenter’s product, service, or monetary self-interest. Sales pitches disguised as presentations will not be considered. Vendors are not permitted to submit an application to present at conference.
For more information about the 2022 Texas School Safety Conference contact Cynthia J. Arredondo at email@example.com .
Important Dates to Remember
- 2/25/2022 Last Day to Submit Presenter Application
- 2/25/2022 Last Day to Submit AV Request
- 4/8/2022 Individuals will be notified of their application selection status.
- 4/29/2022 Presentation/Materials/Handouts are Due (PDF Files)