Youth Engagement Toolkit
I Have A Group
The goals of the Action Phase are to:
- Make something happen
- Changes attitudes, policy, law or norms, or teaches skills
- "The Big Bang" of the project
Questions to ask while you're planning action activities are:
- What change do we want to see?
- How are we helping people?
- What policy or law can we change?
Action Activities Include:
- Publicizing survey results
- Signing "Smoke Free Night" contract with local restaurants
- Hosting a community meeting
- Working with city council to propose a new ordinance
Plan Your Action Activity:
- Select one Action Activity.
- Discuss the questions below with your group.
- How does this activity affect our community's laws, policies, norms or attitudes?
- Will this activity change any community laws, policies, norms or attitudes?
- How will this activity help prevent someone from using tobacco?
- How will this activity help people who are already using tobacco products?
- What immediate changes do we want to see as a result of our activity?
- What long-term changes do we want to see as a result of our activity?
- How will we involve the media in this activity?
Print the Action Planning Sheet.