Youth Engagement Toolkit
I Have A Group
Funding The Group
Funding can come from a variety of sources and, depending on restrictions by your organization, sometimes be difficult to obtain.
If you're working on tobacco prevention efforts in Texas, funding is available for groups participating in the Say What! Youth Movement to assist in promoting the movement across.
The project must be mainly youth-initiated and youth-led; however youth must be working with at least one adult supervisor or sponsor. Adult sponsors will be the recipient of the funds.
$500 per mini-grant for groups participating in the Say What! Youth Movement
To Do What?
- Relate to youth tobacco prevention or cessation
- Incorporate positive youth development and significant leadership opportunities for youth participants
- Allow for partnerships between area youth groups to participate in the planning and implementation
- Demonstrate a commitment to building community / school partnerships
- Promote a tobacco prevention awareness message.
How Do I Apply?
- Go to TxSayWhat.com
- Register your group as a member of Say What!
- Complete the Online Mini-Grant Application
What Happens Next?
- We will review your application and approve if it is complete and meets all requirements
- A check will be mailed within 10 working days from the time your application was approved.
What is the Timeline?
Applications are accepted and approved on a rolling basis. We will distribute the mini-grants until the funds have all been utilized.
Projects must be completed and reported before August 15 of the current fiscal year (Sept 1- Aug 31).
Who Do I Contact with Questions about my Application?
Ruby Moore email@example.com 877-304-2727