The Texas School Safety Center (TxSSC) is partnering with Sandy Hook Promise to bring Start with Hello, one of Sandy Hook Promise’s no-cost Know the Signs programs which teaches students to be more socially inclusive and connected to each other. With activities and curricula available for all ages, students are empowered to end social isolation in three easy steps which include: see someone alone, reach out and help, and start with hello. The training is 2.5 hours and will consist of a wide range of activities and resources to ensure training integration within the school culture, supported by student-led SAVE Promise Clubs.
Participants in this training will gain knowledge and tools to:
- Apply the Start With Hello program cycle;
- Train students in Start With Hello using Sandy Hook Promise’s Digital Learning Center;
- Assess the impact of loneliness and social isolation in your school community;
- Engage students in Start With Hello activities and instructional strategies that will help to reduce loneliness, social isolation and build inclusive school communities; and
- Celebrate your Start With Hello work by organizing a Spirit Week.
Please Note: This training is open to public ISDs, open-enrollment charter schools, junior colleges, school-based law enforcement, and state agencies that support Texas schools. Due to limited space, vendors and contractors are not permitted to register for this training.
Not eligible for TCOLE training credit.
Please submit all special accommodations request(s) via email to email@example.com no later than two weeks prior to the course.
Current Virtual Trainings
Past Virtual Trainings
April 2022 - June 2022
April 21, 2022
9:30 AM - 12:00 PM
For more information about the Sandy Hook Promise – Start With Hello Virtual Training, please contact Becca Campa at firstname.lastname@example.org.